PSG Urban Health Center
The vision of the Centre is to Serve as a Centre of Excellence in providing Standard Quality Primary Health Care making it Available, Accessible & Affordable with Compassionate care to the community it serves & also Train the students in imbibing the best practices in Health Care.
- Urban Health Training Centre is functioning under the Department of community Medicine. It is located about 1km from the institute on Pioneer Mill Road at Peelamedu, Coimbatore.
- It caters to a population of around 40,000 comprising urban slum & other residential area.
- It serves as a Centre for Primary Health Care & also as a training Centre for Medical students & allied Health services(Nursing, Medical social workers)
- The thrust is on Wellness promotion, early detection of illness, treating of common illness & referral service for any illness requiring detailed evaluation & management to PSG Hospitals.
- It caters to all age groups from Children, Adolescents, Adults & Geriatric population with Holistic approach comprising Physical, Mental & Social dimensions of Health.
- Antenatal care, Growth monitoring, Immunization, screening for NCD are also done.
- Health Promotion is done for groups like School & College students, Self Help Groups, Industrial workers, IT Professionals & residential communities - through Health Education & Health Screening.
- Health Programs in collaboration with other social service organisations are conducted periodically.
- Community Research in Public Health is also done & articles have also been published in Journals of repute.